Majella and I worked our little buts (unfortunately mine is much larger than hers) off today to get further ahead on Lollipop Trees. So as promised here are some more blocks ready for stitching - I am really thrilled with them and after seeing Moya yesterday who has 3 blocks stitched I am itching to start appliqueing my blocks down. But I am on a deadline for Auntie Green so my lollipop trees will just have to wait a little longer. Seeing her blocks was fantastic - they shrink down which is wonderful to see because with the seam allowance on the applique pieces they completely swallow up the background. It all looks a little daunting at times. Next time I see her I will take a photo and post them on the blog so that you can see the difference.
Izabella was awarded a gold star this evening for finishing the centre of her Auntie Green. She is now the first of us to be ready for the next class. So while Izabella started making the bias for Sue's next visit I kept sewing my few pink leaves on.
It is so wonderful to see that more of you are taking the time to read our blog so I thought that it might be nice to share 5 things about myself - so here goes
1. I love the beach. My grandparents lived on the Sunshine Coast and my mother and her siblings grew up in Buderim, so that area holds a special place in my heart.
2. In my spare time (which is not a lot) I love to go to the movies and escape - a good chick flick, romance or period drama are my favourites. You won't get me to a suspense or scary movie for all the tea in China.
3. If I buy roses for the house or the shop my favourite colour is yellow. In Victorian times, the yellow rose symbolized jealousy but today it represents friendship, joy and caring.
4. I can't draw and have never been able to. I have trouble drawing a square without it looking wonky so please don't ask me to ever draw a person or animal not even a house. Absolutely hopeless.
5. I am a hopeless romantic.
I have just looked at my watch and even without my glasses I can see it is 11 o'clock. Time for bed and sweet dreams.............until next time..........lisa